Read about FIV and Gabby's story here.
From Rt 490 East:
Take the Rt 96 (Victor) exit which is the last exit before the NY State Thruway. Go south and after crossing under the NY Thruway, turn right at the light (Chili's, Denny's, and Burger King are at the intersection) which is Main Street Fishers. At the next light, turn left onto Phillips Rd. When Phillips Rd ends at Rt 251, turn right. The driveway to Pet Pride will be on your left just after you pass Mac Ave (computer store) on the right.
From the hamlet of Victor:
Take Rt 96 north and turn left onto Rt 251 at the stoplight. VanBortel Ford is on the far corner. Follow Rt 251 for about 3 miles. The shelter driveway will be on your left just after you pass Mac Ave (computer store) on the right.
October 24, 2016 - Monday at 7 pm
January 29, 2017 - Sunday at 1 pm
April 24, 2017 - Monday at 7 pm
July 24, 2017 - Monday at 7 pm
October 23, 2017 - Monday at 7 pm
April 23, 2018 - Monday at 7 pm
July 23, 2018 - Monday at 7 pm
October 22, 2018 - Monday at 7 pm
Annual Meetings of Corporation
January 29, 2017 and January 28, 2018 - Sunday at 2:30 pm or immediately following the Board Meeting
The Pet Pride Shelter.
P.O. Box 338
Mendon, NY 14506
The Pet Pride Garden Path
is finally a reality!
Red bricks and Boxwood shrubs now meander from the shelter driveway to the River Birch Memorial. The originally engraved bricks will be set in the spring and we plan a dedication for next summer.
Please consider placing one or more engraved bricks in the Garden Path, honoring or memorializing beloved family members or pets.
Sign up to be part of the garden pathway!
Reservations @ $150 per brick paver.
Please send your Name and Contact Info along with the desired Inscription and donation to the Shelter at P.O. Box 338, Mendon, NY 14506 Attention: Maureen.
Calendar of Events
Sunday January 22
Annual Board of Directors MeetingThe meeting is held at the Shelter.
the month June 1-30
Adopt a Cat MonthJune is “Adopt A Cat” month. Many kittens are born in the spring and by summer really need to find a permanent home.
Tuesday June 6
12th Annual Golf Tournament
Saturday Postponed till Spring
The Garage/Yard Sale has been postponed to Spring 2017. Date to be determined.Come to the shelter and visit with the Cats and partake in a huge garage sale.
Sunday November 5
Annual Building Fund LuncheonOur speaker this year is TBA
- Provide shelter and care for as many homeless or unwanted cats as possible without overcrowding, in a facility suited to the cat's age and condition.
- Adopt cats into new and loving homes where they will receive the care and attention they need for the rest of their lives.
- Provide immediate and preventive health care for all cats in our care including testing for feline leukemia and vaccination against diseases.
- Provide neutering and spaying of adult cats in our care.
- Euthanize only those cats received in pain and suffering if the prognosis is judged to be hopeless or unnecessarily debilitating. Victims of accidents or abuse will be carefully examined by a veterinarian before this final step.
- Never kill because it is cheaper than to feed or to make room for more adoptable incoming cats.
- Eliminate the unwanted cat by taking him out of that category forever. Our adoption contracts include the provision for returning the animal in an extenuating circumstance so that the cat never again finds himself without a home.
This has been our unchanging policy since 1977, and will remain our main guide forever.